The environmentally friendly and patented Silicon-Fire® technology is today the sole industrially available and saleable technology for fuel production (power-to-liquid: methanol) without transmission losses directly to power plants.
In several countries, profitability of SLF installations is achieved without CO2-compensation programmes or/and government subsidies. The technology is already economic and competitive today with petrol-based fuels.
Technical data of a standardised SLF 15 Swiss Liquid Future®-system:
Daily production of 15,000 litres of fuel
Annual production of 5,000,000 litres
1’500 m2 installation area thanks to compact modular construction
6 MW connected load
50 GWh current storage p.a.
6000 tonnes direct CO2 capture p.a.
Replaces petrol for more than 50 million automobile kilometers P.A. – 5 liters fuel consumption / 100 km
The process uses direct synthesis from hydrogen and CO2 and with its single level is thus more efficient than previously used multilevel processes. In addition, the low-pressure and low-temperature process enables easily scaleable, low-maintenance and comparably low-priced system construction.
A significant advantage of power-to-liquid is the pressurised final product. This enables economic use as fuel locally and decentrally with the use of existing infrastructure, even without pipelines, pressure tanks or gas networks.
- CO2 (in particular biogenic or waste-CO2)
- Thermic waste heat (heat recovery implemented)
- Two input materials (hydrogen, CO2), one product (methanol), no material intermediate steps
- Methanol (MeOH)
- Additional downstream conversions into other fuels possible, as soon as economic efficiency is given
- Methanol is a pure industrial alcohol, dissolves completely in water and is therefore much more environmentally friendly than petrol-based liquids in the event of accidents